- Today I learnt that magnesium sulphate is used to get rid of excess water in a solution
- Caffeine is found in everyday beverages such as coffee and tea
- Caffeine can be addictive, and raise your blood pressure
- A rotatory evaporator evaporates using pressure
- The organic layer is the lower layer (in a separating funnel) and the aqueous layer is the top layer
I felt that today's activities were more fun than I expected. We used lab equipment we never saw in SST before. I was surprised that pressure could evaporate, not only heat. I thought that this activity was beneficial as it helped us learn the different reactions by the different chemicals and substances.